DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING
G&C Food D istributors is a re-distributor of refrigerated, frozen and dry food. Our sole distribution center is in Syracuse, NY. We store and deliver more than 4,000 food items to meet the needs of our customers across 27 states.
In recent years, G&C Foods has grown to be one of the most respected redistributors in the United States. We are rapidly expanding all areas or our organization.
G&C Foods is currently looking for a highly-skilled forward-thinking manager to lead our Purchasing Department.
This position requires a dynamic personality and the ability to manage and coordinate with employees across all areas of the organization. This position has many opportunities for internal growth.
The most successful managers at G&C Foods can coordinate and execute initiatives with little to no direction. This is because our organization embraces taking informed risks and learning from failures. We value collaboration with communication.
G&C Foods has a competitive compensation package as well as an outstanding working environment. We were voted 2nd best company to work for in Central New York in 2015 and in New York State in 2016.
MANAGES OTHERS: Yes
REPORTS TO: President
Salary Range: TBD
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Purchasing Manager is responsible to manage a group of highly talented category managers in our purchasing department. Help to coordinate efforts with other departments in the organization to help facilitate the buying process. Remove obstacles that may exist in the and out of the department to help make the team more successful.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must. Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization, including senior management, customers, vendors and regulatory officials.
• Effective problem analysis and problem resolution at both the strategic and functional levels.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to plan and execute activities self-directed.
• Must be highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
• Demonstrate budgeting and financial analysis skills
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a purchasing management or management role.
• Previous experience working in food distribution preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
• A self-starter that can multi-task and prioritize, with awareness of deadlines
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
• Strong negotiation skills and strong vendor relations